Recipe of Chhilke Wale Aloo
Recipe Servings: 4
Potatoes cooked with spices in their skins.
- 500 gm potatoes-washed and scrubbed well
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander to garnish
How to Make Chhilke Wale Aloo
- Chop the potatoes very fine without removing the skin.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan; add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and then the ginger.
- Sauté till the ginger turns to a light brown.
- Add the potatoes and sauté over high heat till they change colour from translucent to slightly opaque.
- Lower the heat, add the garam masala, coriander powder, salt, chilli, turmeric and amchoor and mix well.
- Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring a few times to avoid scorching, till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Saute till the potatoes look fried and the oil separates.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: potatoes
, mustard oil
, cumin seeds
, garam masala
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, raw mango powder
, coriander leaves