Recipe of Chicken Handi Kebab (Bangladeshi Style)
Recipe Servings: 4
Boneless pieces of chicken marinated in yogurt. Cooked with cardamoms, fried onions and masalas to make an exquisite dish.
- 300 gm boneless chicken thigh cut into small chunks (You can use chicken breast but the thigh turns out far more tender)
- 2/4 cup yogurt (Thick)
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 3 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamom
- 2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Chicken Handi Kebab (Bangladeshi Style)
- Start by marinating chicken chunks in yogurt for 20 minutes.
- Put 1 tsp oil in pan and fry onions till nice and brown. Keep aside.
- Now take a pan and add 1 tsp oil and add the cardamoms. Cook a bit.
- Add the chicken with marinade, garlic paste, sugar, chilli powder, black pepper powder, haldi and salt to taste. Don't overdo the salt as you can always adjust later.
- Cover on low heat for 10 minutes. Now uncover and add the coriander and onions and cook on low flame.
- Let it dry up so the gravy is almost like a thick masala around the chicken.
- Squeeze lemon and garnish with some more coriander.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, vegetable oil
, green cardamom
, black cardamom
, red chilli
, black pepper
, coriander leaves
, lemon juice