Recipe Servings: 2
Spice up your meal with this chilli gobhi recipe. Cauliflower florets are cooked with an oriental tang. Its quick and easy.
- 500 gm cauliflower (gobhi) - cut into small florets
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Water to mix the batter
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups onions - chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbsp green chillies - thickly sliced
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- Some greens for garnish
- Mix together the gobhi, 1 tsp salt, egg, corn flour, garlic, ginger and enough water to have the pieces coated with the mixture.
- Heat the oil, and fry over medium heat to a golden color.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a wok, and stir fry the onions in it over high heat till they look wet.
- Add the green chillies and stir a few times, add the remaining salt, soya sauce, vinegar, and the gobhi.
- Mix well, and serve garnished with some greens.
- If you like the gobhi softer, you can blanch it before adding it to the batter ingredients.
Key Ingredients: cauliflower
, vegetable oil
, green chillies
, soya sauce