Cinnamon Butter Cookies
Recipe Servings: 10
Crunchy and crispy easy to make eggless cookies. The aroma of cinnamon in these buttery cookies reminds you of festive times.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour / atta
- 1/2 cup maida / flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar(icing sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup softened butter (Use normally available butter. In case you are using unsalted butter add 1/2 tsp salt to the dough)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp cold milk
- Mix together: Atta, maida, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder.
- Add: Butter and vanilla essence.
- Knead the dough together with milk till it sticks together.
Roll out the dough to a 1/2 cm thickness. With a small katori or a cookie cutter, cut out rounds. (Right)
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- You can dust some icing sugar when cookies are ready.
- Grate some chocolate on warm cookies so that the chocolate melts a little before serving.
- Add some slivered almonds to the dough.