Recipe Servings: 3
Potatoes cooked with curry leaves, coconut, mustard seeds and cashew nuts. These coconut flavored potatoes are a great accompaniment.
- 2 potatoes, cut in diamond shaped pieces
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 finely sliced green chillies
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Cut the potato in diamond shaped pieces and add some salt and blanch in water till tender. Strain and keep aside.
- In a wok add coconut oil. Crackle mustard seeds and green chillies.
- Add the cashew nuts and saute till golden.
- Add the curry leaves and potatoes. Add some salt (Add salt in moderation as the potatoes have been blanched in salted water). Saute till the potatoes are crispy.
- Add a cup of freshly grated coconut. Toss. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with some hot rotis and a curry.