How to make Potato Palya
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Potato Palya Recipe: Make your breakfast special and healthy with potato palya.
Ingredients of Potato Palya
- 50 gms potatoes
- 200 gms onion, finely chopped
- 200 gms green peas
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small lemon (juiced)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tsp coriander (for garnishing), chopped
How to Make Potato Palya
- 1.Boil the potatoes and green peas until tender.
- 2.Mash the potatoes to a fine consistency. Add the peas to the mixture, along with turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
- 3.Fry (temper) mustard, urad dal and chana dal (one ingredient at a time).
- 4.Add cashew nuts, onions and green chillies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 5.Add a pinch of salt and chopped coriander and saute on a low flame until the mixture turns golden brown.
- 6.Now add mashed potatoes and peas. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- 7.Add lime juice, grated carrot and coriander and cover the dish with a lid.
- 8.This dish is also served as an accompaniment with poori and occasionally rava idli in Karnataka. For a traditional masala dosa, make sure the gravy is thick (almost dry).
Key Ingredients: potatoes, onion, green peas, green chillies, coriander, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, Cashew nuts, cooking oil, lemon (juiced), carrot, coriander (for garnishing)