Recipe of Dry Fruit Chikki
Recipe Servings: 4
A ready to eat Indian sweet made with nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds and walnuts), honey and some lemon rind. A favorite during winters, this nutty snack is a must try.
- 100 gm peanuts
- 100 gm cashew nuts
- 100 gm walnuts
- 50 gm almonds
- 1 Tbsp saunf
- 350 gm sugar
- 350 gm honey
- 125 ml water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
How to Make Dry Fruit Chikki
- Mix nuts and saunf, warm them, but do not roast them.
- Mix sugar, honey and water over moderate flame.
- Dissolve the sugar and bring to a boil.
- Cook till the syrup when, dropped into a jug full of water forms a hard brittle ball.
- Stir in the nuts and saunf. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon rind and baking soda. Stir well.
- Pour syrup into a well-oiled baking tin. Taking great care.
- Allow it to cool and then break into small pieces.
- When completely cold, store in an airtight container.
- While storing separate the layers with plastic paper.