How to make Peanut Chikki
A yummy peanut brittle or chikki recipe made with Jaggery. It is a perfect snack to gorge on in winters to keep your body warm. A delicious snack made specially during the festival season of Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti.
Ingredients of Peanut Chikki
- 250 Gram Peanuts
- 200 Gram Sugar/ jaggery
- 25 Gram Butter
How to Make Peanut Chikki
- 1.Skin, roast and coarsely crush the peanuts.
- 2.Heat sugar with 1/2 cup of water until thick.
- 3.Boil the syrup until hard crack consistency. (Test its consistency by putting a drop in cold water- it should crack after you take it out).
- 4.Add the peanuts and mix thoroughly.
- 5.Grease a tray and spread the mixture.
- 6.Roll flat to 1 cm in thickness.
- 7.Cut into squares when cooled and store in an airtight container.
Key Ingredients: Peanuts, Sugar/ jaggery, Butter