Recipe of Dum Aloo
Recipe Servings: 6
Deep fried potatoes stirred in with cardamom, masala paste and yogurt.
- 1/2 kg potatoes - medium sized
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp saunth
- 1 tsp saunf powder
- 2 green cardamom
- 2-3 Tbsp of curd
- Salt - to taste
How to Make Dum Aloo
- Cut the potatoes in half, deep fry them and keep aside.
- Prick the potatoes with a toothpick and keep aside.
- Mix all the dry powders in a bowl. Add enough water to the bowl to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cardamom. Pour in the paste and stir for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and mix well. Then mix in the curd.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.