Recipe of Festive Cupcakes
Recipe Servings: 5
These little spongy cupcakes frosted with a delicious lemon icing and topped with little decorative cake dressings are perfect for a festive occasion.
- 150 gm softened butter
- 150 gm castor sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 125 gm flour
- 25 gm cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 200 gm icing sugar
- Decorative sweets & festive decorations
How to Make Festive Cupcakes
- Cream the butter & sugar well until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour, cocoa & baking powder sieved together.
- Turn into paper cases in muffin moulds. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 10-15 minutes or until the cakes have risen well and firm to touch.
- Remove from oven and cool.
For the Icing:
- Whip the whites until frothy. Squeeze in lemon juice and gradually beat in icing sugar.
- Add enough sugar to give a coating consistency. Ice the cup cakes with the icing & leave to set.
- Decorate with festive sweets & decorations.