Fried Chicken Momos
An all-time favorite street snack, Momos made with a chicken filling, first steamed and then deep fried.
- For the dough:
- 2 cups (250 gm) refined flour
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
For the filling:
- 1 cup chicken mince
- Oil to deep fry
- 1/2 cup onions-finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp black pepper
- Mix the refined flour, salt and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough, with water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute till a little soft and add the chicken.
- Turn around over high heat till chicken is almost cooked.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the soya sauce, salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4"-5" rounds.
- Take a round, wet edges and place some filling in the center, bring edges together to cover the filling, twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- Steam for about 10 minutes, and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, deep fry in hot oil till brown and crisp and serve with soya sauce and chilli sauce.