Recipe Servings: 4
Cauliflower and potatoes make for a tasty pair in this popular recipe.
- 500 gm cauliflower- cut into small pieces
- 250 gm potatoes - cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp ginger- finely sliced
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2-3 green chillies- slit
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Parboil the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add the ginger. When the ginger begins to brown, add the yoghurt, a Tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously till the fat separates between each addition.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and green chillies
- Stir-fry the vegetables over high for 2-3 minutes till they get coated with the clarified butter.
- Then add the chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Stir a few more times, till well mixed.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and let the vegetables cook till tender, stirring 2-3 times.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: cauliflower
, potatoe, clarified butter
, cumin seeds
, green chillies
, red chilli
, garam masala
, coriander powder
, coriander leaves