Recipe of Gol Gappe ki Poori
The all time favorite street food, Gol Gappas. Make the puris at home and enjoy these crunchy little treats with a tangy paani or in a chaat.
- 2 cups (240 gm) refined flour-sieved
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Gol Gappe ki Poori
- Mix flour, 2 Tbsp oil and salt into a fairly stiff dough with water.
- Roll dough very thin, (almost translucent), and cut into 3 cms/1 1/4" rounds with a cutter. Heat oil and over high heat add as many rounds as can come in comfortably.
- Lower the heat to low. Fry till golden on both the sides.
- Some will puff up, which you can use for gol gappas/paani poorie, and the rest for paapri chaat or sev poorie.
- Lift out of oil, drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve as paani poori or in papri chaat.