Recipe of Ham Rolls
Recipe Servings: 8
A popular party appetizer to wow your guest, here's for you Ham Rolls recipe. Thinly sliced ham tubes filled with a cream cheese, mayo, gherkins mixture.
- 8 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp (60 gm) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (100 gm) onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 gm) pickled gherkins , finely chopped
- 4 lettuce leaves, crisped 4
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (kali mirch), freshly powdered
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) mayonnaise sauce
- Some greens for garnish (celery, spring onions, parsley, etc.)
How to Make Ham Rolls
- Mix the cream cheese, onions, gherkins, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and place a portion each in the center of each slice of ham.
- Roll like a tube, as tightly as possible, without breaking the ham.
- Line a serving dish with the lettuce leaves, and arrange the ham rolls over it, keeping the edges down. Garnish with the greens and serve.
- If making ahead of time keep covered in the refrigerator, to avoid the ham drying up.
- For vegetarians, substitute blanched and cooled cabbage leaves for ham.
Key Ingredients: ham
, spring onion
, black pepper
, vegetable oil