Recipe Servings: 4
Dipped in a creamy batter of cornflour, seasoning and egg, cauliflower florets are fried and doled out with a zesty sauce.
- 1/2 kg cauliflower - cut into small florets
- 1/2 cornflour
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- 1 egg
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds (safed til)-slightly roasted
For the Sauce:
1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup clear honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix together the cornflour, salt, pepper, egg and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat oil. Dip cauliflower into batter and fry till cooked through but crisp (like a pakora).
- Remove from the oil and transfer on to absorbent paper.
- Mix honey, butter and lemon juice and just before serving mix the gobi into it and heat over high heat to heat through.
- Serve hot, garnished with the sesame seeds.