Recipe of Kalakand
Recipe Servings: 10
Milk and cottage cheese cooked with rose water and cardamoms and then set. A soft tasty barfi for any festive occasion. It is known to have been invented in Rajasthan.
- 250 ml whole milk
- 250 gm ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 120 gm sugar-powdered
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1/2 tsp green cardamoms-coarsely ground
- Round mould to set it in, or a serving dish, if you do not want to shape it like a cake.
- Almonds - shredded and roasted, to garnish
How to Make Kalakand
- Cook milk and ricotta cheese till excess liquid is dried up.
- Add sugar, cook some more, till there is no excess liquid, but mixture is a wet consistency.
- Shut off the heat, add the rose water and cardamom and transfer to mould or serving dish, and leave to set.
- Keep an upturned plate on top of mould and turn upside down, garnish with the almonds and serve.