Recipe of Kashmiri Dum Aloo
A Kashmiri delicacy that now be recreated in your kitchen with ease. Fried potatoes cooked in luscious spices.
- 750 gm small sized potatoes
- Oil for frying
- 50 gm red chilli powder
- 5 gm asafoetida
- 30 gm cardamom powder
- 150 gm yoghurt
- 50 gm fennel powder
- 25 gm dry ginger
- Salt to taste
- 50 ml ghee
How to Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- Boil the potatoes and pierce them with a toothpick or a fork.
- Heat oil and fry the potatoes on a medium flame until they are slightly brown, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee, add asafoetida, add the other spices and stir thoroughly.
- Whip the yoghurt. Add the yogurt and mix.
- Add rest of the ingredients and saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little water while sauteing the ingredients.
- Add some more water to make the gravy and let it cook for about 10 minutes till gravy thickens.