A flavorsome biryani recipe with the goodness of kathal (jack-fruit) and the aroma of garlic, coriander, turmeric and garam masala.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup onions-grated
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 1/2 kg kathal (jackfruit)-peeled, sliced and deep fried
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp green chillies-chopped fine
- 1 tsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1 cup rice-boiled to almost done
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Saute and add the onions, garlic-ginger paste.
- Saute till brown Add kathal, stir fry over low heat till done.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, haldi, salt, chilli powder and green chillies.
- Cook, covered for about 5 minutes and mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander. The water should be absorbed by now.
- Remove half the vegetables and layer with half the rice.
- Cover with the rest of the vegetable mixture and the rice again.
- Leave over low heat, covered for 10 minutes or so and serve garnished with the coriander.
Key Ingredients: Cumin Seeds
, Coriander Powder
, garam masala
, red chilli
, Vegetable Oil
, Green Chillies
, Lemon Juice
, Coriander Leaves