Recipe of Khakra Canapes
Recipe Servings: 4
Crispy khakras are topped with a spicy chaat mixture. Ready in a snap, devoured in a jiffy!
- 12-16 mini khakra crisps
- 1 medium potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder + for garnishing
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 cup boiled corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp mint chutney
- 2 Tbsp tamarind chutney
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Yogurt for garnishing
- Fine sev for garnishing
- Mixed bell pepper juliennes for topping
How to Make Khakra Canapes
- Chop potatoes and place in a bowl.
- Add onion, salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala, mix well.
- Add corn kernels and mix.
- Add together mint chutney and tamarind chutney, mix well.
- Add finely chop coriander sprigs and lemon juice.
- Place khakra crisps on a serving platter.
- Top each with a spoonful of chaat, garnish with yogurt, mint chutney, tamarind chutney and sev.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder on top and crown with pepper juliennes.
- Serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: potatoes
, cumin seeds
, red chilli
, mint leaves
, coriander leaves
, lemon juice
, bell pepper