Recipe of Lobhia ki Phali
Recipe Servings: 4
Black eyed beans cooked in scrumptious gravy.
- 500 gm greens of black-eyed beans
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Lobhia ki Phali
- Chop the beans.
- Heat the clarified butter and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds splutter, add the ginger and sauté till a light brown.
- Add the yoghurt a little at a time, stirring vigorously till blended.
- After all the yoghurt has been added, stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and chilli powder.
- Mix well and add the greens. Stir-fry over high heat till a little glossy.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook till tender, stirring a few times to avoid scorching. Takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: black beans
, clarified butter
, cumin seeds
, garam masala
, coriander powder
, gram masala, salt
, kashmiri mirch
, coriander leaves