Recipe of Malabari Parotta
Recipe Servings: 8
Crisp thin parantha served hot with melted ghee, usually served with South Indian gravy dishes.
- 2 cups maida
- Water to knead
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Dry flour- for dusting
How to Make Malabari Parotta
- Knead the flour into soft and pliable dough with the water.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Make 8 round and smooth balls.
- Roll into a round of about 1/4 cm/1/8" thickness.
- Smear the surface of this round, with ghee.
- Fold in 1/2, smear the surface with ghee again, and make another fold from corner to corner.
- Roll thinly without tearing.
- Heat the griddle (tava), and place one parantha on to it.
- When the edges start lifting, slightly, smear some ghee over it letting it trickle under it.
- Brown on both sides and serve.