This recipe pairs the tartness of raw mango with the wholesomeness of rice, making it the ideal comfort food. On a day off, it is ideal meal as it barely takes time to prepare!
Ingredients of Mango Rice
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of raw mango (grated)
- 1/2tsp of mustard
- 1/2 tsp of urad dal
- 1/2 tsp of channa dal
- 1 tsp of groundnut
- 2 green chilli
- 1 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp of sprig turmeric powder
- 3 tsp of sesame oil
- Salt to taste
How to Make Mango Rice
- In a pan add sesame oil and mustard. Once mustard crackles add urad dal, channa dal and green chilli. Now add curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Grate raw mango and keep ready.
- Cook and cool the rice completely.
- Add the tempering and grated mango with salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Mango Rice is ready. Serve with any chips.