Mattar Karanji Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Gorge on this Maharashtrian snack. Stuffed with peas and deep fried, these savory gujjiya are absolutely tempting.
Ingredients of Mattar Karanji
- 1 1/2 cup maida
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil-heated
- Water to knead
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp green chillies-chopped or to taste
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green peas-shelled
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Mattar Karanji
- Mix the maida, salt, heated oil and knead to a stiff dough.
- Heat oil for the filling, and add the rai. When it splutters add the green chillies, coriander, peas and salt.
- Saute till peas are cooked through.
- Roll dough into small rounds.
- Place filling on one half of the round, wet edges and fold over. Press to seal.
- Deep fry till crisp and golden and serve.