Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
A simple and hassle free recipe. Mushrooms tossed with onions and red peppers, mingled with a garlicky sauce. Serve with a steaming plate of rice.
Ingredients of Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce
- 200 gm mushrooms - button, wiped clean
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onions-chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp garlic, chopped fine and ground with 2-3 whole red peppers(paprika)
- Spring onion leaves chopped fine for garnish
Mix together for Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp corn flour - blended with water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup water
How to Make Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions, stir over high heat till a little soft.
- Add the garlic paste and red peppers and stir-fry till fat separates. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat, till well mixed.
- Add a cup of water, bring to a boil and add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Lower the heat and simmer for a minute or so and serve hot garnished with the greens.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, vegetable oil
, spring onion
, soya sauce