Recipe Servings: 4
Meat cooked with rice and spices. This mutton pulao recipe with the aroma of peppercorns, cardamom and cinnamon.
- 350 gm mutton/lamb - chops-pricked
- 2 cups rice - washed and soaked
- 4 black cardamoms
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 4 whole red chillies
- 6 cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon-broken roughly
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup onions - sliced uniformly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp all spice - powdered
- 2 cups hot water - for the rice
- Pinch of food colour
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cardamom, peppercorns, red chillies and cloves.
- When they darken a bit, add the onions and cook till transparent.
- Add the meat, salt and chilli powder, all spice.
- Stir fry till meat is opaque and add two cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and cook covered till meat is tender.
- Strain the meat and keep aside.
- Measure the liquid and make up to three cups by adding hot water.
- Mix liquid, meat and rice together.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook covered for five minutes.
- Sprinkle the colour in a trail and continue to cook covered for seven minutes. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Mutton
, red chilli
, black cardamom
, black pepper
, clarified butter
, kashmiri mirch