How to make Kashmiri Chicken Pulao
About Kashmiri Chicken Pulao Recipe: An aromatic chicken pulao recipe, perfect for dinner parties or a casual dinner with family. This is an easy and fuss free recipe to cook that does not require elaborate steps and can be cooked with simple ingredients found in your kitchen. Serve with a bowl of Mirchi Salan or a raita and you'll be coming back to this recipe before every dinner party.Ingredients in Kashmiri Chicken Pulao Recipe
: Kashmiri Chicken Pulao is a dish bursting with rich flavors of whole spices, Kashmiri chillies and desi ghee. It has every ingredient that makes a dish full of flavour and aroma which will instantly flatter your taste buds!
Ingredients of Kashmiri Chicken Pulao
- 500 Gram Rice
- 6-7 Chicken thighs
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 3-4 pods Green cardamom
- 3-4 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Mace
- Few Black pepper corns
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 5-6 Raisins
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Desi ghee
- 1 cup Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Ginger, finely chopped
- Cooking oil
- Salt & water
- 5-6 Green chillies, chopped
How to Make Kashmiri Chicken Pulao
- 1.Take rice, wash it properly and soak it in some water for 20 minutes.
- 2.Take 6-7 chicken thighs and cut it into even size pieces
- 3.Now wash these pieces well and drain the excessive water out, nicely.
- 4.Take 1 cup of yogurt and add salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 3 tsp coriander seed powder and 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 5.Whisk the yogurt nicely and keep it aside.
- 6.Heat 2 tbsp desi ghee in a pan, add 4-5 cloves of garlic, add 5-6 cloves, a cup of onions and saute.
- 7.Now add the ginger and 5-6 green chillies and saute.
- 8.Now add the whisked yogurt mixture and saute well.
- 9.Cook for a few minutes and once you see the specs of fat coming up, add the chicken pieces.
- 10.Add some salt too at this stage.
- 11.Cook for a minute and add 2 cups of water and leave it to boil. Use enough of water because the rice will be cooked in this.
- 12.Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. When the chicken is cooked, add the rice to the chicken and allow it to cook.
- 13.Gently stir the rice because basmati after soaking becomes very fragile.
- 14.Once the rice is cooked, serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Rice
, Chicken thighs, Cumin seeds, Coriander powder, Green cardamom, Cinnamon
, Black pepper corns, Garlic
, Desi ghee, Onion
, Coriander seed powder, Red chilli powder, Ginger
, Cooking oil, Salt & water, Green chillies