Namkeen Saboodana Recipe
A new snack's in town and it's here to stay. Fluffy round saboodana fried to perfection in a host of curry leaves and tangy amchoor will leave you feeling happy.
Ingredients of Namkeen Saboodana
- 1 cup saboodana (sago) - soaked in water just to cover, for an hour
- Oil, required to deep fry
- 6-7 kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 1 tsp rock salt (sendha namak) or to taste
- 1/2 tsp amchoor or to taste
- Any seasoning of your choice
How to Make Namkeen Saboodana
- Drain the saboodana and spread over a cloth till all the moisture dries up.
- Heat the oil and add the saboodana (make sure it has enough room to breather in the pan) over high heat.
- Lower the heat immediately to medium and fry till crisp and cooked through.
- Drain and transfer to an absorbent paper.
- Heat about 2 Tbsp of oil in another pan.
- When hot, add the kadhi patta, sauté till it changes a little color and mix in the salt and amchoor.
- Add the saboodana, saute to mix and turn off the heat.
- Once it cools down, store in an airtight container.