A meat lover's delight! Slowed cooked lamb trotters with crisp brown onions, spices and marrow bones.
Ingredients of Nihari Mutton
- 6 trotters - cleaned and ready to cook
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups onions - sliced fine
- 2 Tbsp ginger - garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 6 cloves
- 6 black cardamom - slightly crushed
- 8 marrow bones
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves - chopped
- Mint leaves for garnish
How to Make Nihari Mutton
- Heat oil and saute onions till brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric
and coriander powder and saute till fat separates.
- Add cinnamon, salt,
cloves and cardamoms. Stir fry to mix well and add the trotters and
marrow bones and 6 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, over low heat for two hours or till bones and trotters are softened.
- Add the lime juice and coriander and simmer another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot garnished with the mint leaves.
Key Ingredients: onion
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, black cardamon, bottle gaurd, lemon juice
, coriander leaves
, mint leaves
, lamb, vegetable oil
, black cardamom