Katra Style Mutton Curry Recipe
How to make Katra Style Mutton Curry
About Katra Style Mutton Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe: An aromatic and easy to make mutton curry hailing from Allahabad. This is an easy and quick mutton recipe, perfect for dinner parties.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Katra Style Mutton Curry
- 1 Cup Mustard oil
- 1/2 kg Onions, sliced
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 8-10 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Garam masala paste (2 Tbsp garam masala mixed with a little water to make a paste)
- 1 inch piece Ginger , chopped
- 1 kg Mutton (cut into medium sized pieces)
- 3 Brown cardamom
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- To garnish Coriander leaves
How to Make Katra Style Mutton CurryHideShow Media
In a deep utensil heat mustard oil.
Add sliced onions. Saute till golden brown. Add green chillies, garlic, ginger and garam masala paste. Saute it for 2 minutes.
Add the mutton pieces. Saute the meat in the masalas for about 5-7 minutes. Add the brown cardamom and bay leaves and saute for a few minutes.
Add water. Cover the utensil and let the curry simmer for abut an hour, stirring it in intervals. Add more water if required.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.