Recipe of Paal Payasam
Recipe Servings: 4
A delicious rice and milk pudding with cashews and raisins.
- 50 gm rice
- 1 litre milk
- 5 gm cardamom powder
- 100 gm sugar
- 50 ml ghee(clarified butter)
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 25 gm raisins
How to Make Paal Payasam
- Wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Cook the rice in milk until soft.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts.
- When the cashew nuts are slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour on the rice mixture and serve warm.