Recipe of Paneer in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Recipe Servings: 2
Creamy and full of masalas this spicy paneer recipe is a hit with some rice or a crispy butter naan.
- 6 Tbsp thick tomato puree
- 150 ml water
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp crumbled kasturi methi
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 green chilies - seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp roasted, ground cumin
- 100 gm butter
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 sliced capsicum
- 200 gm sliced mushrooms
- 200 gm paneer - cut into 2" cubes
How to Make Paneer in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Blend all the ingredients together except the butter, vegetables and Paneer.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Fry onions until soft and add capsicum and mushrooms.
- Stir and fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour in blended sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer.
- Season and stir in the paneer.
- Allow to heat and serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: Cottage Cheese
, green chillies
, red chilly, coriander leaves
, lemon juice
, cumin seeds
, garam masala
, green chilly, dried fenugreek leaves
, onions, capsicum