Paneer Makhani Recipe
A heavenly dish with tender chunks of paneer cooked in a rich gravy of tomatoes, butter and cream.
Ingredients of Paneer Makhani
- 1/2 kg paneer tikka or you can use paneer chunks also
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp kala jeera (black cumin)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Salt - to taste
- 3/4 cup cream
- A few strips of green chillies, cut lengthwise, for garnish
How to Make Paneer Makhani
- Heat the butter and oil, and when the butter melts, add the kala jeera and then the tomato puree and cook over high heat.
- Stir a few times, till the mixture comes to a boil, and then simmer till the puree splutters.
- Add the salt and paneer and turn around a few times till coated with the puree and heated through.
- Add the cream and turn around a few times till well blended and hot.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the green chillies.
- Note: If serving later, add the cream and shut off the heat, and re-heat and proceed with the rest, later.