Recipe of Parippu Kheerai Masiyal
Recipe Servings: 4
A lovely channa dal recipe with the goodness of spinach with some curry leaves.
- 200 gm channa dal
- 500 gm spinach
- 50 ml oil
- 5 gm mustard seeds
- 10 gm garlic
- 5 gm ginger
- 50 gm onion
- 2 gm curry leaves
- 5 gm turmeric
- 15 gm red chilli pieces
- 10 gm coriander powder
How to Make Parippu Kheerai Masiyal
- Boil the channa dal.
- Boil the spinach, chop half and puree the rest.
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, when they crackle add the garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the onions and fry until slightly golden in color.
- Mix in the ginger, curry leaves and all the powders.
- Stir in the pureed and the chopped spinach and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled dal and cook for another 10 minutes on a slow flame.