Recipe of Plum Cake
A fruity and nutty cake with the goodness of dried cherries, almonds, raisins and many more dried fruits. Great as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream or works prefect with your evening tea too.
- Oven temp: 150 C-300 F
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 125 gm almonds - chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups mixed fruits-chopped (sultanas, raisins, candied peels and cherries)
- 2 cups refined flour
- An 8 inch round cake tin, lined with a double layer of grease-proof or brown paper at the bottom and on the sides.
How to Make Plum Cake
- Mix the chopped fruit and almonds with 2 Tbsp of the maida and keep aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- Fold in the flour and then the fruit mixture.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.