Potato and Broccoli Bisque
Recipe Servings: 2
A rich, heavy and hearty potato and broccoli bisque with milk, cream and butter.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stalk leek, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 broccoli stalk, chopped
- 50-60 ml white wine
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 100 ml milk
- Broccoli puree (The florets are blanched and pureed with ice cubes)
- Spring onion greens, to garnish
- In a pan add olive oil and saute onions with bay leaf.
- Add the leeks, celery, garlic, potato and broccoli stalk. Saute.
- Add wine and let it reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock. Boil for 5-7 minutes,
- Add cream, butter and milk.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Let it cool and then transfer it into a blender and give it a good whiz.
- Mix in the broccoli floret puree. Mix well.
- Pour the soup in a bowl. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Potatoes
, olive oil
, black pepper
, vegetable stock, spring onion
, bay leaf
, white wine