How To Make Spinach and Potato Soup
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Spinach and Potato Soup Recipe: Seasoned with salt, pepper, some cream and a hint of nutmeg, this soup is quick, delicious and perfect for a nippy winter evening.
Ingredients of Spinach and Potato Soup
- 100 gms potatoes (chopped), peeled
- 30 gms leeks,, chopped
- 50 gms butter
- 20 ml olive oil
- 300 ml full cream milk
- 60 ml cream
- 150 gms spinach (cleaned), chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60 gms onion, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- A pinch of nutmeg
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper powder
How to Make Spinach and Potato Soup
- 1.Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onions, thyme, garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- 2.Add the chopped potatoes, toss gently and sprinkle some salt.
- 3.After about 5 minutes add milk and cook on low flame for abut 20 minutes. Or till the potatoes are cooked and are soft.
- 4.Now, blend the potatoes to a smooth soup consistency (add extra milk if required).
- 5.Check for seasoning and finish with cream and nutmeg for flavoring.
- 6.Toss spinach in soft butter and check for seasoning. Mix spinach with the finished potato soup and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: potatoes (chopped), leeks,, butter, olive oil, full cream milk, cream, spinach (cleaned), garlic cloves, onion, thyme, nutmeg, salt, white pepper powder