An exotic Halwa made with the goodness of pumpkins and the aroma of cinnamon.
- 1 kg peeled pumpkin-cut into 1 "dices
- 1 1/2" cinnamon stick
- 150 ml water
- 150 gm grain sugar or to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter / oil / pure ghee
- 50 gm raisins
- 2 Tbsp grated-roasted coconut
- 2 Tbsp flaked-roasted almonds
- Place the pumpkin, water and, cinnamon in a saucepan. Cover and cook until tender. Drain and mash the pumpkin.
- In a large pan, heat 4 tbsp of, oil until hot.
- Add the pumpkin, stirring, continuously.
- Allow the puree to reduce and thicken and darken, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in enough sugar to sweeten. Continue cooking until the halwa reduces into, a deep amber & glossy mixture.
- Spoon into a serving dish & serve hot, decorated with raisins, coconut and almonds.