Roast Pumpkin Soup Recipe
A comforting bowl of pumpkin soup with the flavour-goodness of honey and cream.
Ingredients of Roast Pumpkin Soup
- Half a pumpkin, split in two
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 cup cream
- 1 bulb of garlic, skin removed
- 1 onion
- 2 liter chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 red chillies, 1 deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of one lemon
- Extra virgin olive
- Handful of thyme
How to Make Roast Pumpkin Soup
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees C.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and slash it in.
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and rub well on the cut side of the pumpkin.
- Poke the red chilly and place it inside the pumpkin with thyme.
- Drizzle olive oil on the onion and garlic and put them with pumpkin in the oven to roast.
- Remove from the tray and allow the tray to cool.
- Scoop the flesh of pumpkin into a saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1 cup of chicken stock and blend the mixture.
- Heat pan, add rest of the chicken stock, honey and cream. Bring to gentle simmer and season to taste.
- Make the masala with finely chopped red chilly, lemon zest, some lemon juice, some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To Serve: Pour into individual cups and garnish with masala.
Key Ingredients: pumpkin
, chicken stock
, olive oil
, black pepper
, red chilli
, lemon juice
, lemon rind