Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini Recipe
Brushed with chilli oil, bread slices are stuffed with a succulent broccoli filling and grilled, served with a zesty spring onion relish.
Ingredients of Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini
- 2 small broccolis cut into florets
- 3 spring onions, cut into half, lengthwise
- 3 tsp of chilli oil
- 2 tsp of a ready-made relish (made up of gherkins, sweet cucumber, sugar, vinegar &bell peppers)
- 2 heaped Tbsp of egg-less mayonnaise
- 60-70 gm of blue cheese
- 2-3 stalks of garlic chives, finely chopped
- 3-4 marinated green olives with their marinating olive oil
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 marinated olives
- 2 slices of multi-grain bread
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to season
How to Make Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini
- Arrange the broccoli florets on a baking dish and season them with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of pickling oil from the marinated olives over the seasoned broccoli and mix them well.
- Roast them in the oven at 200-225 degrees Celsius for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep it aside to cool.
- Season the spring onions with salt and cracked black pepper and put them onto the grill.
- Keep turning the spring onions and keep basting them with chilli oil.
- Once the spring onions are lightly charred, take them off the grill and keep them aside to cool.
- To make the filling, mix together, the readymade relish with eggless mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Then crumble blue cheese into the filling mixture, add chopped garlic chives and mix them well.
- Next, roughly tear in the roasted broccoli into the filling and mix well till the broccoli is evenly coated.
- Brush the slices of bread with chilli oil and spread the broccoli filling between the 2 slices of the bread.
- Brush the top and bottom of the bread slices with a little more chilli oil and grill the sandwich evenly on both the sides.
- To make a spring onion relish, mix together marinated green olives, halved cherry tomatoes, cracked black pepper, basil leaves, a dash of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and the grilled spring onions.
- Serve the sandwich with the grilled spring onion relish, cherry tomatoes and marinated olives.
Key Ingredients: broccoli
, spring onion
, cherry tomatoes
, olive oil
, balsamic vinegar
, bell pepper
, blue cheese
, black pepper