Sev ki Sabji
Recipe Servings: 4
Aditya Bal cooks his version of the famous sev ki sabzi in the city of Omkareshwar. Potatoes, radish cooked with yogurt, aromatic spices and moti sev.
- 1/2 a cup of ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions, julienne
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 large potatoes, diced into cubes
- 1 large daikon radish, diced into cubes
- 4 tsp fresh yoghurt
- 1 large cup of moti sev
- 1 cup of water
- 1 lime
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Crackle the cumin seeds in hot ghee, add in the onions and saute for two minutes.
- Add in the ginger and the green chilies, fry together with the onions for 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Mix in the turmeric powder, the red chilli powder, and coriander powder.
- Deglaze the pan with a little water, Add salt and let the masala cook uncovered, on medium heat, for 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the diced potatoes and radish, mix well.
- Add half a cup of water, cover and let cook on a low flame for 15 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the fresh yoghurt, and continue cooking on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add in the moti sev, stir well to coat the sev with the masala.
- Add in 3/4th of a cup of water, and let the sev ki sabji cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, and the juice of a lime.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, cumin seeds
, green chillies
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, coriander leaves