Recipe of Singapore Noodles
Recipe Servings: 2
Vermicelli or rice noodles fused with warm and intense flavors, cooked to perfection.
- 120 gm rice vermicelli (rice noodles) - soaked 15 mins in hot water and drained
- 1 1/2 cups sprouts - blanched and drained
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 capsicum - cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup water or stock
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 Tbsp Vietnamese curry powder
- 1/4 cup oil
How to Make Singapore Noodles
- In a small bowl, mix together the water/stock, soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok and over high heat,add the curry powder and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the onion, stir-fry until it begins to soften.
- Push to the side and add the ginger and spring onions and stir-fry until the spring onions soften.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage and stir-fry till a little soft.
- Stir in the bean sprouts, cook briefly, then add the noodles.
- Add the sauce, tossing the ingredients carefully to mix.
- If too dry, add a bit more water/stock.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: bean sprouts
, spring onion
, rice noodles
, soya sauce
, vegetable oil
, black pepper