Recipe of Singhare ke Atte ki Mathi
Savor some crunch with these crisp fried mathis amde with rock salt and singhare ka atta. A delight during the fasts of Navratras.
- 2 cups singhare ka atta
- 1 large potato-boiled, peeled, mashed smooth
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- Cold water to mix
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Singhare ke Atte ki Mathi
- Combine first three ingredients, rub in the clarified butter and then knead into a stiff dough with cold water and leave to rest, covered for 1/2 an hour.
- Roll into desired size rounds and prick with a fork all over the surface, to avoid puffing up while frying.
- Heat oil until a piece dropped in its rises to the top at once.
- Put in the mathies, turn once and continue to fry over medium heat till crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve.