Soya Mince Curry
Recipe Servings: 3
Enjoy a meatless soya mince curry with this recipe. Quorn (minced soya) stirred with onions, chillies and garlic. Served with basmati rice.
- 2 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 black cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 175 gm quorn mince
- 1/4 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in wok or large frying pan, then tip in the cardamoms and bay leaves.
- When they begin to sizzle, add the onions, chillies and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the quorn and continue frying for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, tomato puree, paprika and cumin and fry for a minute.
- Add 250 ml of hot water from the kettle and simmer for 7-9 minutes until the curry turns out quite thick.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice.