Recipe Servings: 2
Sicilian spicy pasta made the traditional Italian way using olive oil, chili, broccoli and some cheese. Its low fat, its vegetarian, its easy to cook.
- Pasta - (can be penne, Fuseli or spaghetti)
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp of garlic, chopped
- A pinch or two of chili.
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 50 - 100 gm broccoli, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil a bowl full of pasta in 5ltrs of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Having extra amount of water ensures that the pasta does not glue together.
- Pour a bit of olive oil onto a pan and heat it on a high flame.
- Once the oil heats up reduce the flame and add the chopped garlic, red chili pepper, salt and black pepper. Allow it to fry for a little while. Chopped garlic is easy to cook.
- Once it begins to fry, take the pan off the fryer and shake well.
- Add broccoli, and stir the mixture well. Add oil if required.
- Now add the pasta to the pan and add some water to the pan again.
- Toss the pasta in the pan for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top, or add cottage cheese in case you don't have parmesan.
- Take the pasta off the pan, and eat it while its hot!