A chatpat channa dal cooked Bengali style with the flavors of mustard oil, coconut and sabut lal mirch.
- 1 cup (180 gm) chane ki dal (Bengal Gram)
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 heaped Tbsp fried nariyal pieces
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp sarson (mustard seeds)
- 2-3 sabut lal mirch
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Pick, clean and wash the dal and cook with the water, salt, haldi and ginger, till soft.
- Add the sugar and fried nariyal.
- Heat oil and add the sarson and lal mirch.
- Add the dal and bring to a boil, and then simmer for a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: bengal gram (split)
, mustrad seeds, coriander leaves
, mustard oil
, mustard seeds
, red chilli