Thai Chicken Yellow Curry Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
A delicious yellow Thai curry with chicken. With the aroma of lemongrass, bamboo shoot and Thai ginger this recipe is sure to win hearts at the dinner table. Serve with plain steamed rice.
Ingredients of Thai Chicken Yellow Curry
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 20 gm garlic, chopped
- 150 gm namjai curry paste, yellow
- 500 gm chicken leg boneless, sliced
- 1000 ml (1 liter) coconut milk
- 1/2 onions, diced
- 40 gm fresh green aubergine diced
- bamboo shoot sliced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 20 pea aubergine
- 2 fresh red chilly, chopped
- 6 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 30 gm thai ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaf, torn
- 30 gm lemon grass
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 24 thai basil leaves
How to Make Thai Chicken Yellow Curry
- Heat oil in wok. Add garlic. Saute till fragrant. Add curry paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken. Saute till 25 percent cooked. Add coconut milk (thin). Mix well.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and add onion, aubergines, pea aubergines, bamboo shoot and stock.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, sugar, lemon juice. Add red chilly, thai ginger, lime leaf torn and lemon grass.
- Adjust the seasoning and finish with basil leaves.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, groundnut oil
, coconut milk
, bamboo shoot
, chicken stock
, red chilli
, fish sauce
, kaffir lime
, lemon juice