Tomato Basil Pilaf
Recipe Servings: 4
An easy to make tomato rice dish with the aroma of basil leaves.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp shahi jeera
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup (raw weight) pre soaked basmati rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 basil leaves + For garnishing
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- In a deep pan add butter. Add onions. Saute.
- Add pepper corns, bay leaf, shahi zeera, garlic and tomato. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pre soaked basmati, salt, pepper, basil leaves and the stock.
- Cook till rice are done. Garnish with some basil leaves.
- Serve with a mushroom ragout.
Key Ingredients: butter
, pnion, black pepper
, bay leaf
, basmati rice
, black cumin
, tomato puree