Recipe of Vegetable Au Gratin
Recipe Servings: 4
A medley of vegetables baked to perfection in cheese and white sauce, total indulgence!
- Oven Temp 160 C- 325 F
- 65 gm French Beans-chopped and blanched
- 125 gm cauliflower-diced
- 50 gm mushrooms-sliced thin
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4cup onions-chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pissi kali mirch
- 3 tbsp maida-roasted a little
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
How to Make Vegetable Au Gratin
- Mix the milk into the flour gradually (to avoid lumps), bring to a boil and simmer for a minute.
- Heat the oil, add the zeera. When it splutters, add the onions and stir-fry over high heat, till well covered with oil.
- Add vegetables and mushrooms and continue to stir-fry over high heat, till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Add the milk mixture, salt, kali mirch and mix well.
- Transfer on to an oven-proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven for half an hour and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: cauliflower
, French Beans
, black pepper
, cheddar cheese
, vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, all purpose flour