Recipe of Vegetable Chopsuey
Recipe Servings: 2
An all time favorite Chinese dish that never fails to delight. Saucy vegetables topped with crisp fried noodles.
- 1/2 cup carrots - shredded fine
- 1 cup cabbage - shredded fine
- 1/2 cup capsicums - shredded fine
- 1/2 cup onions - sliced thin
- 2 tsp garlic - chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 200 gm noodles - boiled and drained well
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- Oil to deep fry noodles
How to Make Vegetable Chopsuey
- Mix together the vinegar, soya sauce, sugar, salt and cornflour and add enough water to make up to a cup. Keep aside.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp oil and add the onions and garlic.
- Saute till a little soft. Add the carrots, cabbage and capsicum and stir-fry over high heat for a minute.
- Add the water mixture and cook, stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Deep fry the noodles over high heat till brown. Drain.
- Transfer noodles to a serving dish, pour the vegetables over and serve.
Key Ingredients: carrot
, soya sauce
, vegetable oil
, rice noodles