Vegetable Dim Sum
Recipe Servings: 12
Veggies drenched in masala mixture, filled in fresh dough balls, sealed and steamed.
- For the Dough:
2 cups refined flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Filling:
1 cup finely minced cabbage (or mixed vegetables)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion-finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic-chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the maida and salt and knead to a stiff dough, with water.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute till a little soft and add the vegetables. Turn around over high heat till slightly cooked.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4"-5" rounds.
- Wet the edge, place some filling in the center and bring edges together to cover the filling. Press to seal -- it will form a half moon shape. Steam for about 10 minutes and serve.